Ancillaries

With the engine mostly built, it’s time to start fitting ancillaries, and checking things for size. The first thing I did was give everything a good scrub with Gunk and a Atlasta brush. I didn’t get any photos of this process, it was dark and drizzling with rain, I just wanted to get on with it!

After 24 hours to dry out in front of a radiator it was time to start fitting things up. Here you can see the inlet manifold which being honest looks much better in photos than it does in person, but it’ll do.

I also got around to refitting the oil filter housing after it had a good clean, and oh yeh, the new turbo setup too.

A few questions have arisen from this evening, one is what I’m going to do with the oil filter/cooler setup. Previously I had a remote filter setup, I was hoping to do away with it, but given the proximity of the turbo to the filter housing, I don’t think I can.

The other issue/concern is the proximity of the screamer pipe and wastegate to the top radiator hose. I don’t have my radiator hose with me to check, but at the very least it’s going to need some sort of heat protection over it I would have thought.

For the most part I’m happy with how things are progressing, still plenty to do before I turn the key for the first time, but nerves are starting to jangle!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s