With the festive period in full swing, the weather becoming less autumnal, and more gross it was time to attack the Starlet and do something I’ve never done before, remove an engine from a car. I did try and record the majority of it to create a time lapse, but camera troubles meant that didn’t turn out the way I had hoped, ah well.
First order of business was to remove the majority of the engines ancillaries, and disconnect/label the wiring loom. I had initially just unplugged it all thinking I’d remember where it all went, but the angel on my shoulder persuaded me otherwise.
Unfortunately this is as far as I got, my engine was missing hoist mounting points, and I couldn’t figure out any other way of attaching it to engine hoist. In the mean time I took photos of my current turbo kit so I could put it up for sale. It was time to say goodbye to the famed TONGS CT9 Hybrid / Zisco setup, a neat little setup.
The turbo, manifold and downpipe sold as a whole within the week which allowed me to splurge on a new manifold and downpipe kit from WEPR which should be arriving within the next 4 – 6 weeks.
There are a couple of other things I’ll need for this kit to work:
– TF035 Turbo rebuild
– 38mm Wastgate (TiAL / Turbosmart)
– Wastegate dump plumbing
Excited to see how this changes the performance of the car, hoping to net around 40 whp with this kit, and keep the responsiveness of the CT9, we shall see!