So, with this weekend imminent, and some stern words from a friend of mine to get going already, it was time to make a start. It suddenly became even more important I got this thing going before Saturday when I realised it’s my works Christmas party on Friday night!
Anyway, first things first I removed ancillaries, such as the alternator, water pump and oil filter housing. With that done I flipped the engine upside down, being sure to grab my oil can before I did so. Minimal mess on the floor of the unit that way, saves time on clean up!
Continue reading “My First Engine Disassembly”
I borrowed a friends not so straight edge to have a see if the block was warped.
Continue reading “Flatness, or lack thereof!”
Finally got around to lifting the head off today, results weren’t all that surprising really.
Continue reading “Head off, bad news”
During the week the hardware needed to hoist the engine out of the old girl arrived, which meant I could spend Saturday morning removing the engine and hopefully bolting it to my engine stand.
Continue reading “She’s Out”
With the festive period in full swing, the weather becoming less autumnal, and more gross it was time to attack the Starlet and do something I’ve never done before, remove an engine from a car. I did try and record the majority of it to create a time lapse, but camera troubles meant that didn’t turn out the way I had hoped, ah well.
Continue reading “To The Future”