Rockingham

After my success during the few days I had off work of prepping the car, Friday was a slow day and I was chomping at the bit to get on the road down to Rockingham. Towing always gets my nerves jangling, I guess that’s natural, it’s not something I’m fully comfortable with, seems to get easier with each outing though. I borrowed a van from my sponsors 😆 this time, with exception of the size, it made things a lot easier. So much so that I had to keep checking that the car and trailer were both still attached!

Continue reading “Rockingham”

Advertisements

Plastic Windows

Wednesday I had a fairly busy morning and early afternoon, so was a little worried I wouldn’t get anything particularly meaningful done on the car. I had wanted to get the passenger lexan window in before I went home for the evening.

It turned out to be a very simple process, and I was done in plenty of time.

First I covered the lexan with a load of masking tape, then I fastened it to the window

Drew around it like so

Then I cut it out with a jigsaw

After a little bit of wrestling I got it in the door

Same for the drivers side which I did today

I don’t think they’re going anywhere, but we’ll see on Saturday. They’re in TIGHT, the lexan is a couple of mm thicker than the glass it replaced it seems, so is very tight in the window seal.

Gave the car a wash inside and out and it’s about ready I think. Had it up and down the private little road near where it’s kept and seemed to drive ok, always difficult to know when you can’t put any real road miles on them. Fingers crossed for another trouble free day.

Arch Bashing

Had the last couple of days off work so I’ve been faffing with this thing in preparation for Saturday at Rockingham.

First on the agenda was to tackle the rear arches, this is after having some issues both at Blyton and Cadwell with the rear tyres catching on the arch lip. Andy Jebson had kindly leant me an arch rolling tool back in December, and I finally got around to trying to use it on Tuesday. Shame it didn’t fit..

So plan B was brought into action.

Yes, a rubber mallet and a piece of wood, it seemed to work quite well.

I also trimmed down the plastic arch thingies, they had quite a substantial lip on them too.

Bonded them in place and said goodbye for the evening